Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Final Thoughts!

I have completed my piano trio and have finished the editing process. I am extremely pleased with this work as it is my first piano trio and one of my longest works to date. It feels great accomplishing this feat! This semester's seminar class was awesome and I received much helpful feedback on the trio. Everyone has produced great pieces and I'm looking forward to hearing more from each of these composers! 

This is my last blog post for both the semester and my undergraduate degree. Over the past few years my compositional skills have been greatly enhanced and developed under the amazing mentorship of both Dr. Ross and Dr. Staniland. They have expanded my compositional language and have opened my eyes to new ideas and possibilities. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to study with these great musicians and people. Even though I will be pursuing a Master's degree in performance starting this fall, composing is a passion of mine and I will take and use all of the compositional knowledge I have learned throughout my undergraduate degree!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment